Thursday, March 13, 2014

Something to be excited about in Mile High

Sometimes it is tough to find excitement when your team is rolling with a .357 winning percentage and 18 games out of the division lead in June.  But the Mustangs are generating a ton of local buzz this week.

Second overall draft pick Dayne Reagan will suit up tonight in Mustang orange and blue when division foe Eureka comes to town.  Negotiations were quick and painless and no sooner had the ink dried before Dayne was given a jersey and a plane ticket to Denver.  The team will waste no time inserting him into the starting lineup as the #2 batter.

22 year old Reagan, affectionately known to his fans as "Cruel Shoes", was all smiles when he talked to the press.  "I feel totally ready for this.  Playing in the ABL is a dream come true.  Ever since my dad bought me my first glove I have been pretending I was a major leaguer."  Reagan grew up in Wichita Kansas and fondly remembers attending dozens of Tornado games as a youngster.  When asked how he felt about playing for the rival Mustangs he responded.  "Sure, as a kid I was a Tornado fan but now they are the bad guys."  The Mustangs have three games in Kansas City in the latter part of the week.  "Man, it just couldn't be more perfect" he observed when asked how it will feel to be on the field at KC so quickly after his signing.  "I hope I can give the fans something to remember".

By all accounts the Mustang fans response to the signing of Reagan has been "amazing".

No comments:

Post a Comment